Starlite Recovery Center provides a partial hospitalization program (PHP) at our New Braunfels, Texas, location for adults who are struggling with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health concerns. Adults who participate in our PHP receive a variety of evidence-based services in a safe and welcoming environment.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) offers individuals a flexible option for behavioral health treatment. This level of care is designed for people who need more intensive support than traditional outpatient therapy but do not require the constant supervision provided in residential or inpatient programs. PHPs can be beneficial for people who are transitioning from a higher level of care and need continued support as they heal. At our PHP in New Braunfels, clients who qualify can also enter this level of care directly as an initial treatment option. Our admissions coordinators are able to match potential clients with the level of care that would be most appropriate for them.
In our PHP, clients take part in therapy six hours a day, five days a week, for two to three weeks. This schedule provides clients with a significant amount of time in treatment while still allowing them to return home at the end of each day. This structure is beneficial for those who have family responsibilities or wish to maintain a connection with their daily life while receiving treatment.
While in our PHP, clients have the opportunity to develop effective communication skills, practice using problem-solving skills, and learn relapse prevention strategies in a structured environment. By returning home each night, they have the ability to apply the things they are learning in PHP to their everyday lives. They can then process through those experiences when they return to the program, allowing them to receive feedback and share successes.
Who Can Participate in Our PHP?
At Starlite Recovery Center, all admissions decisions are made on an individual basis. We thoroughly review each person’s history and current needs to ensure that our partial hospitalization program is the best place for them to receive care. Individuals can start the intake process by calling our facility. A member of our team is available anytime, 24/7, to answer your questions, confirm insurance benefits, and help you decide which program may be best for you.
Each person who wants to get treatment at our facility participates in a comprehensive assessment before being admitted into a program. During this process, our admissions coordinators gather detailed information about the person’s social, medical, and personal history. They also may ask about current and past mental health symptoms, substance use history, and any previous behavioral health treatment the person may have received. This thorough evaluation allows our team to gain a deep understanding of the client’s needs and helps guide the development of their individualized treatment plan.
Our New Braunfels partial hospitalization program can serve people who meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 and older
- Have a primary diagnosis of a substance use disorder
- Are able and willing to participate in all aspects of the program
- Do not require round-the-clock supervision
We serve adults who have addictions to alcohol, opioids, cocaine, marijuana, meth, stimulants, and prescription drugs. Sometimes, a person who is struggling with an addiction might also be suffering from a mental health condition. Examples of the co-occurring mental health concerns we are able to treat include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our partial hospitalization program may not be the right level of care for everyone. For example, clients who have immediate medical crises or are exhibiting behaviors that could put themselves or others in danger would not be appropriate for our PHP. In some instances, an outpatient treatment setting may not be appropriate for individuals who are struggling with suicidal ideation or engaging in self-harming behaviors. Additionally, we cannot provide care for people who are struggling with eating disorders. In any of these cases, we can refer individuals to a more appropriate treatment provider.
Features of Our PHP
Adults who enroll in the partial hospitalization program at Starlite Recovery Center participate in programming five days a week, Monday through Friday. Depending on a client’s specific needs and their individualized treatment plan, their experience in our PHP may include:
- Basic medical care: Once a week, clients can receive basic medical care from our team of registered nurses, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners, and medical doctors.
- Medication management services: If medication is part of a client’s treatment plan, they can receive these services from a psychiatrist on an as-needed basis.
- Individual and family therapies: Counselors lead individual and family therapy sessions with clients on a weekly basis.
- Group therapy: Clients participate in several hours of group therapy each day while in our PHP. We offer many different kinds of groups, such as process and psychoeducational groups.
Therapy sessions in our PHP may incorporate cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT), motivational interviewing, and principles of the 12-Step recovery model. Skilled counselors guide clients in discussions on topics such as addiction, relapse prevention, grief and loss, codependency, setting boundaries, coping skills, goal setting, and healthy communication.
Benefits of Our PHP
Every element of programming at Starlite Recovery Center is customized to each person’s needs. Our team is committed to providing clients with focused care that can help them on their recovery journeys. Examples of the benefits a person can receive by participating in our outpatient program may include:
- Structured environment: PHPs offer a structured therapeutic environment that can be crucial for people who need consistent and intensive treatment. This structure can help clients establish routines and build relationships with their peers in an environment that is conducive to healing.
- Customized care: Each client receives an individualized treatment plan that guides what will happen during their time in our PHP. We also develop aftercare plans so that clients can successfully remain on their recovery journeys after they finish the program. These aftercare plans might include providing clients with referrals for traditional outpatient therapy or connecting them with community-based support groups.
- Knowledgeable professionals: In our PHP, clients can work with a team of skilled and compassionate professionals who are dedicated to helping them reach their full potential.
- Skill development: The therapies we provide in our PHP offer clients opportunities to develop valuable coping skills, stress management techniques, and strategies for dealing with triggers.
- Secure and welcoming setting: At our facility, clients receive care in a safe and inviting environment where healing and recovery can take place. We focus on providing comprehensive support and treating each client with the respect and dignity they deserve.
- Supportive network: If someone is struggling with an addiction and a co-occurring mental health concern, they may feel isolated and lonely. By participating in our PHP, individuals can meet other people who understand their experiences and can offer encouragement.
During PHP, clients can find temporary respite from the stress, pressure, and distractions of everyday life. Here, they can focus their full attention on improving their well-being and finding ways to achieve their goals. The PHP schedule ensures that clients receive significant support, but also provides ample time for them to practice their skills in a real-world environment. When our PHP is not in session, clients can return to their homes and interact with friends and family members. When our PHP is in session, they can process their experiences with their peers and receive targeted feedback from caring professionals.
Learn More About Our New Braunfels PHP
At Starlite Recovery Center in New Braunfels, Texas, we help people who have addictions and co-occurring mental health concerns find lifelong healing and recovery. Our mission is to assist clients in gaining the skills and confidence to make meaningful changes in their lives. The time a client spends in our partial hospitalization program may be short, but our hope is that what they learn has a lasting impact.
Our main campus is located in Center Point, Texas, less than one hour northwest of San Antonio. Our state-of-the-art facility is a leading provider of addiction and co-occurring mental health treatment services for adults age 18 and older. The programs we offer include residential treatment, veteran- and service member-specific programming, a first responder program, a Christian program, and an LGBTQ+ program. Additionally, we offer a family program to support clients and their loved ones. We also offer intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) for adults at our facilities in Kerrville and New Braunfels, Texas.
For over 65 years, Starlite Recovery Center near Austin and San Antonio, Texas, has served adults who are struggling with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health concerns. We are committed to caring for individuals in our communities by offering diverse and accessible treatment options and evidence-based therapies that are delivered by expert staff. To begin your recovery journey, we encourage you to give us a call today.