“I have been to other treatment centers, but this was the first facility to offer the LGBT community its own meeting. I cannot express how much it means to us that we have a place where we can speak freely, without fear of ridicule or shame. This program was such a gift and I truly hope many people will benefit from it, as I have.”
Starlite’s program for LGBTQIA-identifying individuals
For clients identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender- queer, intersex, or asexual (LGBTQIA), addiction to alcohol and other drugs can be a complex issue. Some of the primary issues these clients face on their journey to recovery include depression, anxiety, and trauma; feelings of shame, guilt, and rejection; confusion and self-identity conflicts. The caring staff at Starlite understands the unique needs of these clients and knows that with the right care and support, lifelong recovery from the disease of addiction is possible.
At Starlite Recovery Center, we recognize and appreciate that each individual client brings their own unique background and set of life experiences that makes them who they are today. We strive to offer programming that meets our clients’ needs, both in their lives and in their recovery. Research has shown that LGBTQIA-identifying clients benefit from uniquely tailored addiction treatment – treatment that is affirming and integrative. The Freedom Program provides hope and healing in a safe and supportive environment.
- Groups meet several times a week and are geared specifically to issues that are unique to LGBTQIA individuals
- We utilize a specialized curriculum that addresses the issues these clients have faced
- Peer support from the community is provided
- Lambda 12 step meetings are attended each week
- Individual counseling and significant others/ family as needed
- Clients are referred to the appropriate resource(s) post treatment for continued care